1 / 1 Picture by:
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup (250g) white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 cup seedless blackberry jam
Preparation:30min › Cook:25min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Grease and flour 3 20cm cake tins. Mix together the flour, bicarb soda, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in the blackberry jam. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!