1 / 1 Picture by: GodivaGirl
Chocolate Chip and Walnut Biscuits
- 250g butter
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250g) white sugar
- 1 cup (185g) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 1/2 cups (565g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, bicarb soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Allow biscuits to cool on the baking trays for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!