1 / 2
2 / 2
248 people made this
This was a childhood favourite that I now make for my kids as it is so easy, economical and tasty. Serve alone or with vegetables.
500g beef mince
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
2 (400g) tins tomato puree
2 tablespoons butter
500g uncooked macaroni
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Crumble the beef mince into a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook stirring frequently until evenly browned.
- While the beef mince is cooking bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender; about 8 minutes. Drain and stir in butter.
- Transfer the pasta to a large casserole dish and mix in the beef mince, tomato puree and Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until heated through and bubbly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate