1 / 1
36 people made this
This is a rich beef pie packed with vegetables and cubes of beef that I like to serve whole in the centre of the table then let people help themselves.
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup diced onion
1 cup mushrooms
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
1 potato, diced
500g beef tenderloin, cubed
1 cup (250ml) dry Marsala wine
2 tablespoons diced fresh parsley
1 egg white
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large frypan cook the bay leaf, oregano, onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes and meat.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until meat starts to brown. Pour in wine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Place in pie dish then sprinkle with parsley and cover with pastry. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Made as per recipe and loved it.
- 06 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate