1 / 1 Picture by:
Smoked cod fishcakes with watercress
Serves : 4
- 750g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 500g skinned smoked cod fillets
- 60g butter, melted
- 90g watercress, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (250g) dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) vegetable oil
Preparation:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft (about 20 mins), drain well and mash. Leave to cool.
- Steam the smoked fish for 8-10 minutes. Cool and flake.
- Stir fish flakes into the mashed potatoes.
- Add the melted butter and watercress and form into eight cakes on a well-floured board. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Dip each cake into the beaten eggs, then the breadcrumbs and fry gently in hot oil for 3 minutes each side.
- Serve on a crisp mixed leaf and watercress salad topped with a spoonful of sour cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!