Maple Glazed Baked Ham
1 / 1
122 people made this
Through the course of cooking the leg of ham a rich maple syrup glaze is applied three times creating a deap, sweet finish.
1 (2 1/2kg) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C.
- Trim excess fat off the ham and score in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife making shallow cuts about 2cm apart. Place in a roasting dish.
- Roast for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and mustard powder.
- When the 30 minutes are up brush 1/3 of the glaze over the ham. Bake for 20 minutes and repeat twice with remaining glaze.
- Let the ham stand for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate