1 / 1
87 people made this
At first this seems like an unusual combination but after you have eaten it you will agree that it works really well.
500g angel hair pasta
1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
400ml chicken stock
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup grated cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta then cook for 5 to 6 minutes until al dente; drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent stickiness.,
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and tomatoes stirring to coat. Pour in the stock and continue cooking uncovered for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but still bright green.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and toss with the asparagus and tomato mixture. Season with dill and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix the avocados, lime juice and garlic powder together until blended.
- Serve pasta with a dollop of the avocado mixture and top with grated cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate