1 / 1 Picture by: Darlean
- 6 rashers bacon
- 10 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 250g rotini, elbow or penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 185g marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely diced
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour40min
- Place bacon in a large, deep frypan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender; about 1 minute. Strain asparagus out of water and immediately plunge into a bowl filled with ice water; let sit in ice water until completely cold then cut into 2cm pieces.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water until chilled then drain well.
- Stir together mayonnaise, balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Fold in artichoke, chicken, cranberries, almonds, crumbled bacon and asparagus. Season to taste with salt and pepper then fold in cooked pasta. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!