Bulk White Bread
Serves : 36
- 3 cups (750ml) warm water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 8 cups bread flour
Preparation:40min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour20min
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, salt, oil, sugar and 3/4 of the flour. Mix thoroughly, and let rise until doubled in size.
- Gradually add remaining flour, kneading until smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn several times to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled.
- Punch down the dough, let it rest a few minutes. Divide dough into three equal parts. Shape into loaves, and place in three 20x10cm greased loaf pans. Let rise until almost doubled.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35 to 45 minutes. The loaves may need to be covered for the last few minutes with aluminium foil to prevent excess browning.
Something else. Yummy bread and so easy in a mixer. I like to put the loaves in tins and place them in the freezer before they rise. Then I can have home baked bread any day I want. Just leave the frozen dough out in the morning to rise all day and bake it in the evening. This bread tastes good with everything, but be careful, it goes quick! - 14 Jul 2008
Made it healthier. Well, I am a Chia seed nut. So, I did the recipe and added about an 1/8 cup of chia seeds. Then instead of making three loaves I halved the bread. Half were made into rolls fr lunch sandwiches. The other half I rolled out in the final punch down and then put sun-dried tomato past with basil, mozzarella, and diced bacon. Rolled it up and cut pinwheels. So, now the kids have pin wheel pizza for their lunches with the added goodness of chia. Thank you for the recipe, one of the better white bread recipes I have used and it alters exceptionally well! - 25 Apr 2011
Something else. This bread was delicious. There are only two of us so three loaves was too much. I cut the dough in thirds like the recipe says and used two for bread, and the third for a pizza base. I spread it out on a baking tray greased lightly with oil and let it rest for about fifteen minutes. I put my toppings on and baked it for 30 min. till the crust was browned. It was delicious. Will definately use this again. - 14 Jul 2008