Broccolini Pasta with Broad Beans
9 people made this
A very simple vegetarian pasta - nutritious as well. The sauce is finished by the time the pasta is cooked. I often use wholemeal pasta for this dish.
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, cut into thin slices
a teaspoon red chilli flakes
2 bunches of broccolini, stalks chopped into 2cm pieces; the tops into florets
250g broad beans
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare the broadbeans if they are fresh, double peel them and boil for 5 minutes; thaw if frozen.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add some salt and then cook the pasta to packet directions - about 11 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frypan and cook the garlic and chilli flakes for about a minute. Add the broccolini and cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and sun dried tomatoes and cook together for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the frypan from the heat, mix the sauce contents with the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese to serve.
The weight of the broad beans is just the beans - not the pods. You can use fresh for frozen.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate