1 / 1 Picture by: SunFlower
Simple Apple Cake
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (90g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (155g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 100ml milk
- 900g apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Preparation:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Wisk butter, sugar, vanilla essence, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and milk into a smooth batter.
- Finally stir in apple slices.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Pour batter into a greased pie dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes then cover with baking paper or foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!