Simple Apple Cake
1 / 2
2 / 2
12 people made this
This is a very simple recipe to prepare, a basic cake mix is created then the sliced apple is stirred through and the whole lot is baked for 45 minutes.
100g unsalted butter
1/3 cup (90g) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or cinnamon
1 1/4 cups (155g) plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt, to taste
900g apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a pie dish.
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk butter, sugar, vanilla essence, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and milk into a smooth batter. Finally stir in apple slices.
- Pour batter into the prepared pie dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes then cover with baking paper or foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate