Garlic Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed or to taste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 500g frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
Preparation:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Heat olive oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu, garlic and about half of the oyster sauce. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned but not burning. Remove from the frying pan to a bowl, and set aside.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the same frying pan and cook according to package directions, substituting stock for the water and seasoning with the remaining oyster sauce.
- When vegetables are cooked, mix the tofu garlic mixture back into the pan, and heat through. Serve plain or over rice.
Used different ingredients. Fried the tofu first and set aside. I added fresh asparagus , onion and yellow capsicum (no frozen veggies). I also added a teaspoon of black bean sauce instead of fish sauce , turend out great . Served over jasmine rice. - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. Wonderful, easy recipe. I omitted the chicken stock and oyster sauce because we're vegetarians, and added a little extra garlic and tons of soy sauce instead. I served them over mei fun noodles...yum. Just as good the next day, too! - 29 Sep 2008
Something else. Good flavour. Used fresh gai lan and red capsicuminstead of frozen veggies, which made the stock a bit watery, so corrected with corn starch. Vegetarians can find sauce substitute (oyster-flavoured mushroom sauce) at asian groceries. - 29 Sep 2008