1 / 1 Picture by: annef
Pork Sausage Jambalaya
- 2 pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 200g rice (white or brown)
- 500g tomatoes, diced
- 250g passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 cups (750ml) stock (vegetable or chicken)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely diced parsley
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Cook the sausages over low heat in a non-stick frying pan. Once cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, oregano, paprika and rice. Stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, passata and tomato puree then pour in the stock. Season with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat. Add the cooked sausages and stir through. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!