Pork Sausage Jambalaya
1 / 1
2 people made this
Pork sausage is used in this filling one-pot rice dish that includes cinnamon, oregano, paprika and tomatoes.
2 pork sausages
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon ground paprika
200g rice (white or brown)
500g tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon tomato puree
3 cups (750ml) stock (vegetable or chicken)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon finely diced parsley
- Cook the sausages over low heat in a non-stick frying pan. Once cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, oregano, paprika and rice. Stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, passata and tomato puree then pour in the stock. Season with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat. Add the cooked sausages and stir through. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate