Spicy Beef Salad
1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is the salad that most of my non Thai friends are familiar. Beef is cooked to perfection then served in a tart fresh dressing with cucumber and tomato.
1kg flank or sirloin, cut into 5cm wide strips
1 tablespoon salt
1-2 onions, thickly sliced
8 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
5 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges, optional
5 tablespoons fish sauce
6 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons white or palm sugar
bird-eye chillies to taste, cut into thin rings
- Salt the beef. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Barbecue or grill the beef until medium rare. Let the beef rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Adjust seasoning to your liking. The sauce should be pungently sour, salty and sweet.
- Slice the beef into thick slices. Mix with the cucumber and tomato in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing and chillies over the salad. Mix well. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate