1 / 1 Picture by: Toi
Spicy Beef Salad
- 1kg flank or sirloin, cut into 5cm wide strips
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 onions, thickly sliced
- 8 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 5 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges, optional
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white or palm sugar
- bird-eye chillies to taste, cut into thin rings
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Salt the beef. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Barbecue or grill the beef until medium rare. Let the beef rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Adjust seasoning to your liking. The sauce should be pungently sour, salty and sweet.
- Slice the beef into thick slices. Mix with the cucumber and tomato in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing and chillies over the salad. Mix well. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!