1 / 1 Picture by: Mekmolek
- 16 large green chillies
- 180g mackerel fillets
- 8 shallots
- 150g grated coconut or desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar, to taste
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) coconut milk
Preparation:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Slit chillies lengthwise for stuffing. Remove seeds and soak in water for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the fish into chunks. Put the fish, shallots and grated coconut into blender then blend until fine. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Stuff the blended mixture into the chillies. Place chillies slit side up in a saucepan. Pour in the coconut milk slowly and add a touch of salt.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer gently for 15 minutes until cooked and almost dry.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!