1 / 1 Picture by:
Pork and Apple Pasties
Serves : 4
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 125g butter or margarine
- cold water
- 250g lean pork, finely cubed
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dry cider or chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- milk, to glaze
Preparation:30min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour10min
- Pastry: Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Lightly rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of water over the mixture then mix to form a dough adding up to 3 tablespoons of water. Knead lightly and chill.
- Filling: Mix together the pork, apple, onion, sage, cider, salt and pepper.
- Assembly: Divide pastry into quarters then roll each piece into a 15cm circle.
- Divide filling between circles then dampen edges with water and bring together over the filling. Seal, pleat edges and place on greased baking tray.
- Brush with milk then bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 degrees C and bake further 20-30 minutes. Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!