Pork and Apple Pasties
Be the first to make this!
This is a great finger food and something a bit different, pork mince and apples are combined with sage and onion in creating the filling for this pastry.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 pinch salt, to taste
125g butter or margarine
250g lean pork, finely cubed
1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and grated
1 white onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
2 tablespoons dry cider or chicken stock
1 pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
milk, to glaze
- Pastry: Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Lightly rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of water over the mixture then mix to form a dough adding up to 3 tablespoons of water. Knead lightly and chill.
- Filling: Mix together the pork, apple, onion, sage, cider, salt and pepper.
- Assembly: Divide pastry into quarters then roll each piece into a 15cm circle.
- Divide filling between circles then dampen edges with water and bring together over the filling. Seal, pleat edges and place on greased baking tray.
- Brush with milk then bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 degrees C and bake further 20-30 minutes. Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate