Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger
1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is a simple stir fried chicken dish to make that features ginger. The salting and rinsing of the ginger ensures it is not too strong.
200g ginger, peeled and julienned
1 cup salt
2 tablespoons oil
200g boneless chicken, sliced
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 cup (250ml) water
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 spring onion
- In a bowl mash the ginger and salt with your hands. Rinse and squeeze out the ginger with your hands to remove all the water.
- In a wok, heat the oil and add the chicken then cook until brown.
- Add the ginger and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the fish sauce and soy sauce then mix thoroughly.
- Make a cornflour slurry by mixing the cornflour with the water. Pour into the wok and stir until thickened adding more water if needed.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onions then stir fry until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate