1 / 2
2 / 2
3 people made this
This Singaporean hawkers dish known as 'Or Luak' is an oyster omelette seasoned with fish sauce, garlic and chilli.
2 teaspoons fish or soy sauce
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1 tablespoon rice flour
1 pinch salt, to taste
1/2 cup (125ml) water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 teaspoon chilli paste
6 to 8 large fresh oysters
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with fish sauce and set aside.
- Mix the tapioca flour, rice flour and salt into the water to make a very thin batter.
- In a large wok heat 1 teaspoon oil until smoking hot. Pour in the batter and let it set.
- Pour the eggs over and when it is almost set, mix everything together. Make a well in the centre by pushing the egg and batter mixture to the sides of the wok.
- Add the remaining oil and stir in the garlic until fragrant. Add the chilli paste and oysters. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until heated through.
- Turn onto a serving platter then garnish with coriander sprigs. Serve with bottled chilli sauce mixed with vinegar to taste.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate