Be the first to make this!
These prawn balls known as 'Luk Chin Goong' in Thailand are a popular street food but also make a great party nibble.
500g raw prawns, heads and tails removed
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
oil for deep-frying
- If not already done, devein the shrimp. Cut shrimp into small pieces.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients in a food processor until they resemble thick dough.
- Heat the oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat until a piece of dough put in sizzles and comes back to the surface in a couple seconds.
- Drop little spoonfuls of dough into the oil and fry until puffy and browned.
- Serve immediately with a sauce of your choice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate