1 / 1 Picture by: vietlove
Pork and Prawn Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Serves : 6
- 250g pork loin, in thin slices
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 eschalot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g raw prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 1 packet rice paper
- 60g rice vermicelli noodles, boiled and drained
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves, washed well
- 5-7 spring onions, cut longwise in halves or thirds
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 head green lettuce, cut into small pieces
Preparation:45min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour55min
- Pork: Marinate the pork in the fish sauce, sugar, garlic and eschalot for at least one hour.
- Boil or grill the pork until cooked through. Slice the pork pieces into strips.
- Prawns: Poach the prawns in a medium saucepan for 3-5 minutes until pink throughout.
- Slice the shrimp into halves lengthways.
- Rolls: On a large work surface clear a spot large enough to roll the rolls. Have all the ingredients in reach and a bowl of warm water.
- Dip one of the rice paper sheets into the warm water for about 3-5 seconds.
- Put it on the work surface in front of you. Let the rice paper soften for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add a little bit of all the ingredients on the bottom third of the roll. Roll it up halfway, tuck in the sides and finish rolling the rest or the way.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of choice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!