Be the first to make this!
This is a very simple chocolate dessert to make that is a cross between a chocolate pudding and a chocolate jelly. An evaporated milk and chocolate mixture is set with agar.
2 teaspoons agar powder
2 cups (500ml) water
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, dissolved in 250ml hot water
1 cup (250ml) evaporated milk
Extra time:4hours chilling ›
- In a medium saucepan mix the agar, sugar and water. Put on the stove and bring to a gentle boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the cocoa powder mixture followed by the evaporated milk. Mix until well blended and be careful not to let the milk curdle.
- When the mixture is boiling remove from the heat and strain into rinsed jelly moulds.
- Let cool then place into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set completely.
- Cut and serve alone or with custard and fruit.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate