1 person made this
Grated papaya is pickled in a jar with carrot, capsicum, ginger and sultanas in a simple sugar and vinegar mixture.
2/3 cup (155g) salt
1 fresh green papaya, grated, about 4 cups
1 carrot, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced longways
1cm ginger, sliced
2 green chillies, seeded, sliced longwise
1 cup, (250ml) vinegar
1 cup, (250ml) water
1 cup (220g) sugar
1 teaspoon salt
- Mix salt with grated papaya. Express the papaya juice with hands at least 3 times.
- Mix the papaya with the carrot, capsicum, ginger, chillies and sultanas in a large bowl. Place this mixture in clean dry jars with lids.
- In a small saucepan boil the vinegar, water, sugar and salt for about 5 minutes. Cool mixture.
- Pour vinegar mixture into the jars, making sure the vegetables are completely covered with the mixture.
- Keep refrigerated when not in use.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate