1 / 1
3 people made this
These are a basic dough fritter flavoured with lemon that are fried in oil. Sprinkle with icing sugar then serve with ice cream or eat alone.
2 packets dried active yeast
1kg plain flour
120g caster sugar
2 organic lemons, zested
160g butter, melted
1 1/2 litre sunflower oil, for frying
30g icing sugar, for sprinkling
Extra time:2hours rising ›
- Add the yeast to 4 tablespoons of water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour the yeast onto the flour then add the sugar, lemon zest, butter and eggs. Stir with a spoon then knead the by hand.
- Cover the dough and let rise for several hours in a warm but not hot place.
- Once your dough is ready heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin and cut shapes with a small pastry wheel cutter.
- To test if the oil is hot dip some of the dough in the oil and look at the change of colour. Normally the colour should change very quickly.
- Cook all the dough shapes in batches remembering to remove the excess flour.
- When cooked drain on paper towel then transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate