1 / 1
4 people made this
Prawns are simmered in a pineapple and soy sauce then served with pineapple, capsicum and tomatoes creating a tasty and colourful meal suitable for your next special occasion.
250g pineapple pieces, tinned, reserve juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
2 tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove, finely diced
1cm ginger, finely diced
1 tablespoon oil
300g prawns, peeled
- In a bowl mix the pineapple juice with the soy sauce and cornflour.
- In a frying pan lightly sauté the garlic and ginger in oil for 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes then sauté for 5 minutes. Add the pineapple pieces.
- In another frying pan place the prawns and pineapple juice mixture then bring to the boil for 15 seconds.
- To serve place some of the pineapple, tomato and capsicum mixture on a plate with a dome shaped pile of rice. Place the prawns in a ramekin with the sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate