Onion and Bacon Quiche with Creme Fraiche
This is a versatile bacon and onion quiche that you can use different kinds of cheeses to create different tastes, we like to use a Comté but you can also use Cheddar.
3 people made this
2 cups (250g) plain flour
125g softened butter
1 teaspoon salt
500g yellow onions, sliced
80g bacon, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
200ml creme fraiche
100g cheese, grated
Extra time:30min chilling ›
- Shortcrust Pastry: In a large bowl add flour, butter and salt. Mix well then stir in water.
- Form a ball with the dough, wrap into a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Roll the dough out on a floured work surface then line a 25 cm diameter buttered pie dish.
- Prick the dough with a fork. Cover with baking paper then add dry beans and bake for 12 minutes.
- Filling: Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and bacon then cook for 7 to 8 minutes stirring regularly.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs then add the milk, cream and cheese.
- Remove the pie shell from the oven (leave the oven on). Remove the baking paper and the beans.
- Pour the fried onions and bacon into the pastry shell; level. Pour the egg mixture into the pastry shell.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes; the quiche should be golden brown. Serve warm or hot.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 220.127.116.11