1 / 1
4 people made this
This is either a great side or vegetarian main with zucchinis baked in a creme fraiche sauce seasoned with basil; but the best bit is the crunchy breadcrumb, parsley and thyme topping.
2-3 slices of bread
25g Parmesan cheese, grated
500g zucchinis, cut into thin slices
oil for greasing
1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic
100ml creme fraiche
1 bunch basil, diced
1 bunch parsley, diced
5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove the crust from the bread and break up in an electric blender.
- Wash the tomatoes and slit the skin. Put the tomatoes in boiling water and then quickly rinse them under the cold tap. Peel and slice the tomatoes and squeeze the seeds out.
- Preheat oven to between 190 degrees C. Grease a baking dish with oil.
- Place in the zucchini slices in the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the garlic into the cream fraiche and spread over the zucchini. Lay the tomato slices on top and also season with salt and pepper. Spread the basil over the tomatoes.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs, parsley and thyme. Lightly season with salt then stir in the olive oil. The spread breadcrumbs over the vegetables and place the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in the bottom of the preheated oven until golden brown. Brown for 5 minutes under the grill.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate