2 people made this
These are a German deep fried snack known as 'Mutzen' which are similar to our donuts. Usually in the shape of a diamond the thin dough is fried then sprinkled with icing sugar to serve.
1/4 cup (60g) sugar
1 lemon, zested
1 pinch salt, to taste
1-2 tablespoons rum
2/3 cup (90g) cornflour
2 cups (250g) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
400ml oil, for frying, estimate
30g icing sugar, for dusting
Extra time:20min resting ›
- Fry dumpling on both sides until golden brown then remove and drain on paper towel. Dust with icing sugar and eat quickly.
- Melt butter but do not boil. Beat with sugar, lemon peel, salt and eggs until fluffy. Add the rum.
- Sieve the cornflour, flour and baking powder into the egg mixture. Stir into a smooth dough then let stand for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan until a breadcrumb dropped in begins to sizzle.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate