1 / 1 Picture by:
Homemade Pickled Cucumbers
- 1 kg cucumbers, as small as possible
- 1 1/2 litres water
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch dill
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Wash the cucumbers well but do not peel (get organic cucumbers if possible). Depending on the size of the cucumber cut into quarters or eighths and scrape the seeds out.
- Fill a large bowl 2/3 full with ice cubes and place the cucumbers on top. Place in the refrigerator.
- Bring water, salt and vinegar to the boil in a saucepan then allow to cool completely.
- In a large jar with 2 litre capacity and screw cap lid layer the cucumbers then add fresh dill sprigs, garlic cloves and peppercorns.
- Pour the cooled brine into the jar so that the cucumbers are completely covered. Screw the jar closed and leave in the refrigerator for 4-6 days.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!