Homemade Pickled Cucumbers
1 / 1
12 people made this
It's easy to make homemade pickled cucumbers. These are preserved in a brine with peppercorns, garlic and dill.
1 kg cucumbers, as small as possible
1 1/2 litres water
3 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 bunch dill
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Wash the cucumbers well but do not peel (get organic cucumbers if possible). Depending on the size of the cucumber cut into quarters or eighths and scrape the seeds out.
- Fill a large bowl 2/3 full with ice cubes and place the cucumbers on top. Place in the refrigerator.
- Bring water, salt and vinegar to the boil in a saucepan then allow to cool completely.
- In a large jar with 2 litre capacity and screw cap lid layer the cucumbers then add fresh dill sprigs, garlic cloves and peppercorns.
- Pour the cooled brine into the jar so that the cucumbers are completely covered. Screw the jar closed and leave in the refrigerator for 4-6 days.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate