1 / 1
5 people made this
This is a great prawn dish that is served on fettuccine. The prawns are combined with garlic, tomato paste, wine and cream to create a delicate flavour that doesn't overpower the prawns.
4 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
750g prawns, boiled and peeled
3 tablespoons tomato paste
225ml dry white wine
225ml thickened cream
1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a big saucepan of water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to packet directions and drain.
- In the meantime heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Saute the garlic until translucent; but do not brown.
- Stir the tomato paste with the wine then add to the saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes over a low heat without a lid.
- Cut the prawns into smaller pieces and stir into the sauce. When they are pink remove about 2/3 of the prawns with a slotted spoon and blend them. Return them to the saucepan.
- Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately over the pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate