1 / 1 Picture by: chibi chef
- 750g leg of lamb, cubed
- 2 large white onions, finely grated
- 60g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) water
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 2 large quinces
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour25min › Ready in:1hour35min
- Place the lamb, onions, butter, ginger, pepper, saffron and cinnamon stick into a large heavy-bottom saucepan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Don't allow the meat to brown.
- Pour in the water then bring to a simmer; cover then continue to simmer for 45 minutes until the lamb is tender. Salt to taste.
- Cut the quinces into eighths and remove the seeds but do not peel. Add to the saucepan with honey and cinnamon; mix well.
- Possibly add some more water; everything should be covered with liquid. Simmer again for 30 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!