Swedish Oat Biscuits
These Swedish oatmeal biscuits also known as 'Havreflarn' are made from oats, almond meal, butter and sugar.
3 people made this
85g porridge oats
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon almond meal
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees C and grease two or three baking trays.
- Melt butter then immediately pour over the oats and mix. Allow mixture to cool.
- Mix the sugar, lightly whisked egg and almond meal into the cooled oatmeal. Mix the flour with baking powder and fold in well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking trays in small heaps spaced well apart. The biscuits will spread a lot so make sure they're well spaced.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6 minutes. Leave to cool and gently loosen from the baking tray with a spatula.
- You have to wait for the right moment to remove the biscuits from the tray; not when they are too soft but not when they are too hard. Cool on a wire rack.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
Nice tasting biscuit. If you use a large egg it's best to add two more tablespoons of almond meal.
19 Jan 2012
User's IP: 220.127.116.11