Fresh Cherry Cinnamon Cake
This cake has a layer of fresh cherries placed in the centre of a deliciously light sponge that is made without flour using breadcrumbs and ground almonds instead.
8 people made this
4 egg whites
4 egg yolks
3/4 cups (180g) caster sugar
30g almond meal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch cloves
1 tablespoon cocoa
3-5 tablespoons red wine or milk, to taste
500g cherries, stones removed
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and place in the fridge.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until foamy. Mix the breadcrumbs, almond meal, cinnamon, cloves and cocoa then fold into the egg yolks. Stir in the red wine or milk.
- Now gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a springform tin and pour in half of the mixture. Place the cherries on top of this and pour the rest of the mixture over them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199