Beef and Carrot Goulash
1 / 1
9 people made this
This is a simple beef goulash recipe that once in the saucepan gently simmers for one or more hours until the meat is really tender. It goes well with noodles, mashed potatoes or dumplings.
500g casserole steak
1 dash oil
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 carrot, finely sliced
250ml beef stock
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the meat, pat dry with paper towel and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sear the meat on all sides. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add some butter to the hot saucepan type and briefly fry the onion until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and stew briefly. Pour in the stock then add the meat and the carrots.
- Cover the saucepan and stew for 60-90 minutes over a low heat. Season with salt and pepper then serve.
This is not Goulash! It's just a really basic beef stew! There is no flavour in this dish, it's just Boring & tasteless! If I could give it no stars I would.
- 02 Jul 2016
Really tasty and very easy to make.
I added an extra cup of beef stock as the gravy dried up before the meat was tender enough to eat.
- 09 Sep 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate