1 / 2
2 / 2
10 people made this
Cucumbers combine with yoghurt, buttermilk, garlic, mint and parsley for a lovely cold summer starter.
2 cloves garlic
2 sprigs mint leaves
1 small bunch flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch salt and white pepper, to taste
- Leave the yoghurt to strain for 30 minutes through a coffee filter or muslin placed in a fine sieve. Pour away the whey that collects (you can also use it for baking bread instead of water).
- Peel the cucumbers and scrape out the seeds.
- Puree some of the yoghurt, buttermilk and garlic in a blender.
- Add the rest of yoghurt and buttermilk then the mint and parsley and puree finely. You might have to do this in two portions because the blender might overflow.
- Add olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate