1 person made this
A yummy winter dessert - a plain sponge baked and filled with warm apricots then glazed with the apricot juice.
115g butter or margarine
200g caster sugar (divided)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tin apricots
1 teaspoon cornflour
- Cream butter and 115g sugar, add in eggs one at a time; sift in flour, salt and baking powder and fold into creamed mixture.
- Put into a greased ring pan lined with baking paper and bake for 40 -45 mins at 180 degrees C.
- Put fruit into a pan with remaining sugar (85g) and 6 tablespoons water and bring to boil. Simmer for 7 minutes, drain off juice and keep.
- Cool sponge on a wire rack then place onto a serving dish. Put the fruit into the centre of the cake.
- To glaze; mix cornflour with the saved juice and bring to boil slowly stirring all the time till thickened. Allow to cool and brush the sponge and fruit with the glaze.
- Serve with ice cream or cream.
For a change use any other fruit and add spice or essence to vary flavour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate