1 / 1
7 people made this
A spin on the traditional veal schnitzel turkey is double crumbed before being fried. Serve with chips and salad.
2 turkey fillets
6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons plain flour
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
oil, for frying
- Season the fillets on both sides.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk in the milk.
- Lay three plates out in a line; the middle one should be slightly dished.
- Spread the flour in the first, pour the egg mix in the second and spread the breadcrumbs into the final.
- Pour enough oil into the frying pan to cover the bottom by about 1/4cm and preheat to a mid-high heat.
- Place the fillets in the flour turning until well covered.
- Dip into the egg mix covering both sides.
- Place in the breadcrumbs turning until well covered.
- Repeat the egg and breadcrumb stages.
- Repeat with the second fillet.
- Place both into the hot oil and fry until golden brown; turning two or three times.
- Drain on plenty of paper towel. Serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate