Roast Butternut Pumpkin Soup
1 / 1
19 people made this
Roast pumpkin is my favourite part of any roast dinner, now I can have it is a soup. This is a hearty pumpkin soup with no dairy.
2 medium sized butternut pumpkins, diced
2 medium size onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 sprigs of thyme
1 litre of chicken stock
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
1 dash vegetable oil
- Put a small amount of oil into a roasting tin then add the pumpkin, onions, garlic and thyme.
- Roast in a preheated 180 degrees C oven for 30-40 minutes or until all the vegetables have a caramelised colour on them but not burnt.
- Warm up the stock.
- Add all of the roasted vegetables into a blender with a couple of spoonfuls of the stock and blend.
- Depending on how loose or thick you like your soup, you can now add more stock.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as required then serve.
This was great, tasty, easy, my oven might be lower than the recipe poster's as my veggies didn't brown, next time I'll start it a bit higher, but the soup was a hit! Thanks!
- 24 Nov 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate