1 / 3
31 people made this
Serve as 'Purple Velvet Torte'. This is a gluten free, dairy free and sugar free cake perfect for special occasions.
325g grated beetroot
250ml agave nectar
125ml vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 23cm cake tin.
- In a medium saucepan heat the beetroot and agave to the boil then cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until beetroot is soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree on highest speed until smooth.
- Blend in eggs, oil, vanilla, almond essence, cocoa and salt until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool and serve.
This is an absolutely amazing recipe. Tastes better than normal cakes and it has no flour! I used honey as a substitute to the agave nectar and it worked fine.
- 30 Nov 2011
I'd like to make this, but with sugar, not agave, how much sugar should i use? the recipe sounds great!
- 12 Sep 2010
I LOVED this recipe!!! The only thing I did different was add honey and a tad of... Wait for it... Molasses... Bc I ran out of honey too!
Soooo different, but ohhh so delicious!!!
- 09 May 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate