1 person made this
This fishcake recipe uses freshly cooked catfish but you can use any white fish that may be available in your local area.
3 to 4 medium potatoes
2 spring onions, finely diced
1 stick celery, finely sliced
2 teaspoons capers or 1 inch gherkin, diced
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons corn meal or polenta
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pinch salt, to taste
- Boil and mash the potato and allow to cool.
- Poach the catfish in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove the flesh of the fish from the skin and break roughly into a bowl. Drain any excess water.
- Mix the spring onion, celery and capers with the potato then add the fish to the potato mix and combine.
- Mix the cayenne and corn meal on a dry plate with the black pepper and salt.
- Form the potato/fish mix into patties and coat with the spiced corn meal mixture.
- Shallow fry in olive oil for about 10 minutes each side.
This recipe uses catfish but any fish that holds together well when cooked can be used.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate