1 / 1
36 people made this
Until I found this recipe we only ever had pepper sauce on our steaks at restaurants, not anymore. Peppercorns, brandy and cream; dinner is served.
2 to 3 tablespoons mixed peppercorns
1 shallot, minced
100ml beef stock
60ml thickened cream
1 pinch salt, to taste
- Crush the peppercorns slightly either using a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the shallots and saute until soft; about 3 minutes.
- Add the peppercorns and brandy then boil for another 3 minutes. Add beef stock and boil another 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce the heat to medium. Heat through but don't allow the peppercorn sauce to boil.
- Once the sauce is at your desired thickness test for seasoning. Add salt if necessary then serve with your favourite steak.
I made this tonight and it was great, really easy to make and tasted very yummy! My hubby is a pepper sauce freak and he really liked this one, the brandy in it is great!
- 08 Jul 2013
But when do you add the peppercorns????
- 27 May 2015
Easy and the best pepper sauce I have had and made!
- 09 Jul 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate