- 2 to 3 tablespoons mixed peppercorns
- 60g butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 100ml brandy
- 100ml beef stock
- 60ml thickened cream
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Crush the peppercorns slightly either using a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the shallots and saute until soft; about 3 minutes.
- Add the brandy and boil for another 3 minutes. Add beef stock and boil another 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce the heat to medium. Heat through but don't allow the peppercorn sauce to boil.
- Once the sauce is at your desired thickness test for seasoning. Add salt if necessary then serve with your favourite steak.
I made this tonight and it was great, really easy to make and tasted very yummy! My hubby is a pepper sauce freak and he really liked this one, the brandy in it is great! - 08 Jul 2013