Strawberry and Pepper Sorbet
2 people made this
This is a really tasty and unusual sorbet - yes - strawberries and white pepper! You can use any berries that you want like raspberries or blueberries.
125g caster sugar
1 cup (250ml) water
juice of 1/2 a lemon
500g of berries (like raspberries or strawberries)
2 handfuls of white peppercorns
2 egg whites
Extra time:4hours freezing ›
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and boil until the sugar has dissolved, then add the juice of half a lemon.
- Pulp or blend all of the berries. Grind the peppercorns and mix evenly into the berry mixture.
- Combine fruit and sugar mixtures. Pour into freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Beat into frozen mixture and replace in freezer for a couple more hours.
- Stir occasionally to keep mixture soft, as an ice cream maker would.
A keeper for sure. Absolutely delicious.
- 11 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate