1 / 1 Picture by: JoeyJoanK
Strawberry and Pepper Sorbet
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 500g of berries (like raspberries or strawberries)
- 2 handfuls of white peppercorns
- 2 egg whites
Preparation:25min › Extra time:4hours freezing › Ready in:4hours25min
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and boil until the sugar has dissolved, then add the juice of half a lemon.
- Pulp or blend all of the berries. Grind the peppercorns and mix evenly into the berry mixture.
- Combine fruit and sugar mixtures. Pour into freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Beat into frozen mixture and replace in freezer for a couple more hours.
- Stir occasionally to keep mixture soft, as an ice cream maker would.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!