1 / 1 Picture by: minnie1966
Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
- 1 1/4 kg beef mince or casserole steak cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 250g pasta, elbow or macaroni
Preparation:15min › Cook:3hours › Extra time:3hours15min › Ready in:6hours30min
- In a large frypan heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and sugar until caramelised.
- Add the garlic. Cook another minute.
- Add beef and brown.
- In a slow cooker add beef mixture with sweet paprika, spicy paprika, thyme, bay leaf, tomato paste, chicken stock, salt and black pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together well then cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low to medium, stirring occasionally.
- About 15 minutes before the goulash is ready boil approximately 1.25 litres of water in a saucepan and add elbow or macaroni pasta and cook until al dente then drain.
- When goulash is ready serve over pasta.
- 11 Apr 2013
Very easy and delicious - 07 Jan 2012
love the easy recipe - 05 Sep 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!