1 / 1 Picture by: acraaybeek
Easy Banana Cake
Serves : 10
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar, optional
Preparation:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease and line a bread tin.
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat. Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin then sprinkle with demerara sugar to give a crunchy topping, if liked.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
I had 4 bananas so i did 2 lots and i added sliced almonds and some white choc melts to hot to taste test but an easy recipe - 29 Mar 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!