Fried Chicken with Curry Sauce
Deep fried chicken is great but with this creamy curry sauce - made with curry leaves - it is just superb. You can eat it on its own or serve with rice or noodles.
Be the first to make this!
4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons cornflour
2 eggs, whisked
1 pinch salt, to taste
3 chicken breast fillets
vegetable oil, for deep frying
one handful fresh curry leaves
1 tablespoon butter
400ml evaporated milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine plain flour and cornflour in a bowl. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add a pinch of salt.
- Dry chicken with paper towel.
- Heat up oil in a deep pan or deep fryer.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs then coat in flour. Deep fry until golden brown. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat butter in a non-stick frypan then add curry leaves. Saute until fragrant. Add in evaporated milk then simmer on medium low until milk is thickened. Add in sugar and salt.
- Slice chicken and place on serving platter. Pour sauce onto chicken. Serve hot.
Fresh curry leaves are much more aromatic than dried. Find them in Asian or Indian shops, where they may be labelled "Meetha Neem" or "Kari (sometime Kadhi) Patta".
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11