Quick Spinach Quiche
Serves : 8
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely diced
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 500g cottage cheese
- 250g grated Cheddar cheese
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour10min
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23cm pie or quiche dish.
- Place spinach in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft. Drain off any remaining liquid. Stir in spring onions, eggs, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until eggs are set.
Used different ingredients. I sauteed one onion, 2 chopped rashers of bacon, 3 cloves of chopped garlic and a handful of mushrooms in a little oil for a few minutes on the stove top in a cast iron oven friendly fry pan, then added the spinach mixture (I used 500g of fresh spinach cooked in the microwave and 200g of crumbled feta as I needed to use it up, plus 50g of grated edam), scattered some grated edam cheese over the top and put it in the oven to finish, a big quiche and it all got eaten!! - 09 Mar 2011
This is great. My husband told me I outdid myself on this one. But squeeze liquid out of spinach, or it will come out when baking. - 29 Sep 2008
Something else. This was amazing! Made a few changes though: sauteed some chopped onion and a few chopped mushrooms in a bit of oil before adding 250g of microwaved & drained spinach. Also threw in chopped sun dried tomatoes. Drained cottage cheese and mixed in with the spinach, then poured the whole thing into a greased pie dish. I sprinkled with about 75g grated pecorino cheese and then poured 6 beaten eggs over the top. Baked for about 50 min at 190. The sun dried tomatoes and pecorino really gave the dish a lovely flavour. - 29 Sep 2008