1 / 1 Picture by: VeeBear
Chicken and Corn Soup
Serves : 2
- 60g butter
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 corn on the cob or 1 (400g) tin of corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 30ml orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cooked chicken or 4 cooked chicken legs, skinned
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Heat the butter on a medium heat in a large saucepan, once melted add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs (or open and drain the tin) and add this to the saucepan. Cook for a further 5 minutes, adding the cornflour.
- Add the cooking wine, orange juice and soy sauce; turn up the heat and reduce down.
- Add the stock and the bay leaf to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cut the cooked chicken into rough cube sized pieces; add this to the saucepan along with a couple of the bones for flavour.
- After 15 minutes boiling remove the bones and bay leaf and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!