Chicken and Corn Soup
1 / 1
3 people made this
You'll love this chicken and corn soup plus it's a good way to make use of leftover roast chicken. You can use sweet sherry if you don't have the Chinese cooking wine.
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 corn on the cob or 1 (400g) tin of corn kernels
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
30ml orange juice
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 litre chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1/2 cooked chicken or 4 cooked chicken legs, skinned
1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter on a medium heat in a large saucepan, once melted add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs (or open and drain the tin) and add this to the saucepan. Cook for a further 5 minutes, adding the cornflour.
- Add the cooking wine, orange juice and soy sauce; turn up the heat and reduce down.
- Add the stock and the bay leaf to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cut the cooked chicken into rough cube sized pieces; add this to the saucepan along with a couple of the bones for flavour.
- After 15 minutes boiling remove the bones and bay leaf and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate