1 / 1 Picture by:
- 350g broad beans
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch chives, diced
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch basil, roughly diced
- 100ml water
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:30min › Ready in:1hour
- Simmer board beans in salted water for about 3 minutes then drain.
- Once cool enough to handle pop them from their skins; discard the skins and put the beans into a small pan.
- Add garlic, salt, black pepper, olive oil and 100ml water.
- Gently stew together for about 5 minutes then add 2/3 of the parsley and basil; stew for a further 5 minutes. Don't over stew or the beans will lose their colour.
- Crush a few of the beans with a fork toss with the remaining parsley and basil as well as the chives. Taste and season if necessary.
- Squeeze over lemon juice before serving on toast.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!