Broad Bean Side
Be the first to make this!
A simple way to get a bit of extra flavour into your broad beans. Sometimes for something a little different I will swap the chives for mint.
350g broad beans
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly diced
1/2 cup (125ml) virgin olive oil
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
1 bunch chives, diced
1 bunch basil, roughly diced
Extra time:30min ›
- Simmer board beans in salted water for about 3 minutes then drain.
- Once cool enough to handle pop them from their skins; discard the skins and put the beans into a small pan.
- Add garlic, salt, black pepper, olive oil and 100ml water.
- Gently stew together for about 5 minutes then add 2/3 of the parsley and basil; stew for a further 5 minutes. Don't over stew or the beans will lose their colour.
- Crush a few of the beans with a fork toss with the remaining parsley and basil as well as the chives. Taste and season if necessary.
- Squeeze over lemon juice before serving on toast.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate