1 / 1 Picture by: genna
Simple Blackberry Jam
- 1.75kg blackberries
- 2kg caster sugar
- 6 teaspoons powdered pectin
- 20g unsalted butter
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:30min › Ready in:1hour
- Place the blackberries into a large heavy saucepan and crush them with a potato masher.
- Add the sugar and pectin then heat very slowly, stirring all the time until every grain of sugar has dissolved.
- Add the butter and increase the heat to bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for exactly 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 1 minute then place in jam jars and cover immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!