1 / 1
12 people made this
Orange and lemon juice are combined with gelatine, whipped cream and a whisked egg white then frozen. Not quite sorbet but not ice cream either.
1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
1 teaspoon gelatine
3/4 cup (185ml) boiling water
3/4 cup (185g) sugar
2 1/4 tablespoons grated orange zest
1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
1 egg yolk, whisked
1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 egg white
Extra time:6hours freezing ›
- Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatine over the surface. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together boiling water, sugar and soaked gelatine. Stir until gelatine and sugar are dissolved.
- Stir in orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk cream with 3 tablespoons sugar and salt until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg white until stiff. Fold into whipped cream.
- Stir in juice mixture a little at a time. Pour into a shallow dish and place in freezer. Freeze until firm, stirring twice during the first hour.
This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
I really thought it would taste better than it did. Used a hell of a lot of dishes with very little reward.
- 26 Oct 2010
I'll be making this on the weekend. Can't wait as it sounds delicious.
- 19 Oct 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate