Clam Marinara Sauce
Serves : 4
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (280g) tin baby clams, minced, with juice
- 1 (700g) jar passata
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- In a large saucepan, lightly brown garlic in olive oil. Stir in parsley, clams with juice, passata, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Something else. This recipe was just ok the first time I made it. I made it a second time with a few changes and it came out great. I used 5 tbs olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic instead of 2. Two finely chopped spring onions. I used the juice from 1 tin of clams and discarded the juice from the other. I added 100ml of white wine and and a few dashes of dried chilli flakes. Let the sauce simmer for about ten minutes so it can thicken a bit (from the added wine). DO NOT cook it for 45 minutes. The family loved it! - 29 Sep 2008
This is a great clam sauce recipe. I had it with salad and home made bread. - 29 Sep 2008
Good and quick and easy. I added some basil and it turned out excellent! - 29 Sep 2008